✓ Worldwide Shipping ✓ Over 40 years of providing quality Styles for Life ✓ Quality Italian Leather ✓ 23 Store Locations
Carl Scarpa recognises that its customers, visitors, users, email recipients and others who use the www.carlscarpa.com website (collectively or individually "Users") value their privacy. This Privacy Statement details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Carl Scarpa site. Carl Scarpa provides this Privacy Statement to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Carl Scarpa site or our email marketing services.
Your use of the Carl Scarpa site and any personal information you provide on the site remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions.
Last Updated: August 2018
WHO WE ARE
Carl Scarpa is the trading name of CS Calzature Limited. Registered in Ireland, Company No: IE301366.
Head Office Address: 21 North Park, Finglas, Dublin 11, Ireland
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
By email: email@example.com
Or by telephone: +353 1 804 1140
Carl Scarpa reserves the right to amend the Privacy Statement at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review the Privacy Statement on a regular basis for any changes. Carl Scarpa will update the “Last Updated” date above whenever a change is made to the Privacy Statement. Your use of the Carl Scarpa website following any amendment of the Privacy Statement will signify your assent to and acceptance of the revised terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms, you should leave the Carl Scarpa website immediately.
THE INFORMATION CARL SCARPA COLLECTS
User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your email address) to Carl Scarpa when choosing to participate in various activities on the Carl Scarpa site such as making a purchase, emailing us, or subscribing to our newsletters or other mailing lists.
Cookie Information: When you visit the Carl Scarpa site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser.
Carl Scarpa uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Carl Scarpa site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Essential cookies: Some of the cookies We use are critical to the functionality of our Site. They are used to keep a user logged into the Site and remember relevant information when the user returns to the Site and uses the Service.
Functional cookies: We also use certain cookies to track users' activities on the Site, understand their preferences within the Site and improve their user experience.
Marketing cookies: A third set of cookies is provided by third parties and allows us to deliver customized marketing information to our customers based on their Site usage profile and avoid delivering irrelevant marketing to customers.
Log File Information: When you use the Carl Scarpa site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Carl Scarpa site, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Carl Scarpa site.
We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific promotion or feature for which you can opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Carl Scarpa site changes or for customer service purposes).
We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Carl Scarpa site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing User preferences and trends.
WHAT IS DONE WITH THIS INFORMATION?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your orders. We use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address and payment details) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of the status of your order.
- To provide Customer Support. If you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use your identification information to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We'll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Customer profiling – As outlined above, we may profile your data by segmenting by gender, country or age and other means to provide you with a personalised shopping experience via our website, email marketing or social media platforms. We will upload this data to our marketing platforms or services such as Google AdWords, this data will then be used to provide marketing promotions as outlined below.
- Fraud Prevention. To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites.
- Marketing. If you consent, we will use your information to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details, you have provided to us to send personalised marketing or retargeting communications. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these
- Online Ads. We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products. Like many companies, we may target Carl Scarpa display banners and ads to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your personal data as outlined in our ‘Personal Information’ section. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience Service.
- Our use of analytics and targeted advertising tools. We use a range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website and online advertisements on other websites and apps (as described above) to you, deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse Google's interest-based advertising data and/or third-party audience data (such as age, marital status, life event, gender and interests) to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content. We may also use tools provided by other third parties, such as Facebook, Google AdWords and Bing to perform similar tasks, using your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data.
WHEN CARL SCARPA DISCLOSURES INFORMATION
We provide personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons for processing such information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our Privacy Statement, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with any other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you can opt-in or opt-out.
We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties such as Google analytics, to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on Carl Scarpa site.
We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and laws (such as Irish Copyright Law) or respond to a court order.
Carl Scarpa also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Carl Scarpa believes, in good faith, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Carl Scarpa, our Users or others.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT PRIVACY
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Carl Scarpa site, in which case Carl Scarpa may not be able to provide certain services to you.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (for example such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to our newsletter subscription service.
Please contact Carl Scarpa with any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Carl Scarpa uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Carl Scarpa and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Carl Scarpa makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Carl Scarpa learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Carl Scarpa may post a notice on the Carl Scarpa site if a security breach occurs. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Carl Scarpa does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Carl Scarpa site from persons under 13 years of age. If Carl Scarpa learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Carl Scarpa without verified parental consent, then Carl Scarpa will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Carl Scarpa site is hosted in Ireland. If you are a User accessing the Carl Scarpa site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from Irish laws, Please be advised that through your continued use of the Carl Scarpa site, which is governed by Irish law and this Privacy Statement, you are transferring your personal information to Ireland and you consent to that transfer.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
If Carl Scarpa is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganisation, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites. Cookies are not computer programs and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
You may delete Cookies; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or enjoy a custom experience. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
In order to opt out of targeted advertising you need to disable your ‘cookies’ in your browser settings or opt-out of the relevant third-party Ad Settings.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "Last Updated" date above. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Statement in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Carl Scarpa Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Statement that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Please contact Carl Scarpa with any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.